History

Late 1930s

Two Bosque County physicians had a dream — to provide the citizens of the area with the best health care in the most modern facilities available. That dream belonged to Drs. Van Goodall and Seth Witcher and their wives.

Drs. Goodall and Witcher with wives.

1939

That dream became a reality with the formation of a medical clinic and a 10 bed hospital.

Original Clifton hospital and clinic.

July 1966

The privately owned hospital started by the Goodalls and Witchers was turned over to a governing board of trustees charged with guiding the newly formed private, not-for-profit Goodall-Witcher Hospital Foundation.

March 31, 1969

The Goodall-Witcher Hospital Auxiliary held its first meeting.

Original hospital auxiliary members.

1972

A new hospital was built, and the clinic was moved west of downtown Clifton on Highway 219 near the hospital.

1972 hospital and clinic.

1984

Started the Goodall-Witcher Home Health Agency.

1972 hospital and clinic.
1972 hospital and clinic.

July 1995

The name of the foundation was changed to Goodall-Witcher Healthcare Foundation to more accurately reflect the broadened scope of care provided to the community.

1996

The Goodall-Witcher Nursing Facility was opened on the bottom floor of the hospital.

2007

Clifton Medical Clinic received a new location connecting the new building to the hospital. Renovations were also made to the ER and other facilities.

2011

Opening of the Goodall-Witcher Fitness and Wellness Center.

2012

Change of ownership from the Goodall-Witcher Healthcare Foundation to Goodall-Witcher Hospital Authority, a local hospital authority.

Goodall-Witcher Hospital Authority.